This plugin enables the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor for BBPress forum topics and replies and adds a button to the editor’s “Insert/edit image” dialog that allows forum users to upload images from their computer and insert them inline into their posts.
A pro version with the following additional features is also available:
- Includes a responsive drag-and-drop image uploader with support for inserting multiple images at once.
- Generate and insert separate thumbnail versions of uploaded images while retaining a larger version for use with the built-in lightbox.
- Allow users to upload animated GIFs while preserving animation.
- Change the directory where uploaded images are stored.
- Limit which user roles are permitted to upload images.
- Limit the number of uploaded images allowed per topic or reply.
- Automatically downsize images to fit specified maximum dimensions.
- Convert all uploaded images to the same image format, if desired.
- Set PNG and JPEG compression levels so images take up less disk space.
- Allow users to view enlarged images in a lightbox by clicking on them within the post.
- View total image count and file size statistics.
- Optionally, use Amazon S3™ to store and serve uploaded images in submitted forum posts (requires add-on plugin purchase).
Amazon Web Services, the “Powered by Amazon Web Services” logo, AWS, Amazon Simple Storage Service, and Amazon S3 are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Potent Plugins is not affiliated with Amazon.com, Inc. or Amazon Web Services.